Friday, March 2, 2012

Working diligently- thumbs up and a comparison smile!

Though Evelyn is not scheduled to be delivered for quite some time, I'm working diligently to get ahead of my deadline and I am making very good progress.
I love stepping back and looking from a distance
Sweater is almost done, shirt is done, skirt is
roughed in and hands are placed. Still working
from the top down. Already see changes that
need to be done to what I have done already. 
Although I have a very good foam armature, there are so
many modifications that are made to it. The placement of the
right thumb baffles me at first. 


Sometimes you must look at the context of something
to see its proper placement. Severe modifications to the
sweater are made.


The head is created seperately. Here I step back and compare
proportions in the face to those of the photograph.  But doing
This from one side can be misleading.
 I need to do this from the side as well. Oh, and I have to keep
putting the head on the body. There is nothing more infuriating
than to have a perfect head and perfect body that are not in
proportion to one another.